This Bayou Gumbo recipes cooks up in the crockpot and makes 6 delicious servings.
What You Need
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into half-inch slices
2 cups frozen cut okra
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 12-oz. package frozen shelled deveined cooked medium shrimp, rinsed
1 1/2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
3 cups water
What To Do
1. In small saucepan, combine flour and oil; mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, then turn heat to medium and cook another 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture turns reddish brown.
2. Place flour-oil mixture in 3 1/2 to 4 quart crockpot. Stir in all remaining ingredients except shrimp, rice and water.
3. Cover; cook on low 7-9 hours.
4. When ready to serve, cook rice in water as directed on package.
5. Meanwhile, add shrimp to gumbo mixture in crockpot; mix well.
6. Cover; cook on low 20 minutes. Serve gumbo over rice.
Return to Crockpot Meals index
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Ham Recipes
Crockpot Baked Beans Recipes
Crockpot Pot Roast Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Easy Crockpot Recipes