Southwest Meatloaf Recipe
This Southwest Meatloaf recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving has 209 calories and 6 grams of fat.
What You Need
2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
3 slices stale low-calorie bread, crumbled
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
What To Do
1. Spray interior of crockpot with nonstick cooking spray and create a "trivet" of aluminum foil (tear off two lengths of aluminum foil long enough to fit in bottom of cooker and extend 3 inches over each side of cooker. Fold each strip lengthwise to form 2-inch-wide strips. Arrange foil strips in a cross fashion in cooker, pressing strip in bottom of cooker and extending ends over sides of cooker.)
2. Combine ground beef, bread, onion, egg substitute, salt and pepper, and shape into a loaf the shape of your crock cooker. Place loaf into crockpot over foil strips.
3. Make a shallow indention on top of meat loaf. Combine ketchup and salsa and pour over meat loaf.
4. Cover and cook on low 8 hours, on high heat 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
5. Use foil strips to lift meatloaf from cooker. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Return to Crockpot Meals index
Low Fat Crockpot Recipes
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Crockpot Side Dishes
Easy Crockpot Recipes